I was in The Reject Shop -what we Aussies still call a "$2 Shop".
I went in to buy jam jars, I came out with a Batmobile!
A Hot Wheels Armoured Batmobile.
At first I thought it was just a plastic shell, representing the parked mode as featured in the Tim Burton movie -and it is, but if you peek under the package, there's a complete car inside with gold rimmed wheels.
The cocoon has hand dry brushed highlights to enliven what is otherwise a single lump of black plastic. I can't see what the deco on the actual car looks like, but it's good to have a little mystery in one's life!
-Oh, and it actually cost me $2!
That's a Quid, where most of you come from!
Looey in Oz Base.



Ooh nice, i always referred the shield as a jelly mould, the Toybiz Batmobile had the flimsiest shield too, exactly like a jelly mould 😁
ReplyDeleteYou could scratch-bash spaceship hulls from those.
ReplyDeleteA nice repurposing of dollar store junk:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=82f3W219zKA&t=18s&pp=ygUdQlBjdXN0b20gY3JlYXRpb25zIHNoaXB0ZW1iZXI%3D
O/T Doomsday Machine re-imagined
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uJmxUJEFAxc
I have not seen that one in the shops in NZ yet. One to watch out for.
ReplyDeleteI always remember Michael Keaton simply grunting "shields" in the movie and the whole car, well, shielded!
ReplyDelete