▼

Saturday, 5 September 2026

Bob's Big Lost in Space Robot

Uploaded Image

Courtesy of 
Bob Aucutt
USA

9 comments:

  1. I agree! Cor! Where's it from Bob?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I built it over a period of several years. Some of the external parts came from members of the B9 Builders club. I built the rest. I did all the internal electronics which includes a motion detector. When activated, his torso moves back and forth, and he speaks with voice files. Here is a link to a YouTube I made of him several years ago. I am already thinking about doing a technology upgrade to him. Bring him up to date with internet access for providing news and severe weather alerts.

    https://youtu.be/rdDDL-MbTec?is=c4JuyP7LUrP_xYTG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you built it Bob! You must be mega skilled! Are you an engineer?

      Delete
    2. lewis P morley9/06/2026 8:43 pm

      Lovely work! As someone who's built one of those, I have to say, yours is nicer!
      Mine was originally built in 11 days for a TV commercial and I was using the Tsukuda 1/5 model as a reference.
      ...turns out it was wrong!

      Delete
    3. Woodsy, I was a Engineer. I worked in aerospace electronics for 40 years. Worked on the Space Shuttle GPS guidance program. Got to meet Neil Armstrong once. Now, I build, collect, and repair space toys. In some ways, more fun 😀

      Delete
    4. That must have been a great moment meeting Neil Armstrong. Your Robot is out of this world and your plans for it remind me of my daughter's house where you can ask Google anything and a voice gives you the answer! A robot voice would be much cooler!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely amazing build, Bob. It looks stunning 👍

    ReplyDelete