Tuesday, 15 September 2026

Birthday Special: Rob's Pachimon Army

Woodsy,

Here is my “Pachimon Army,” consisting primarily of a bag of these soft vinyl “Bootleg” Japanese monsters I got via mail order sometime in the 1990s. There are also a couple of “singles” I got off eBay along the way. (Sorry, if any of these fellas have names, I don’t know them!)

The only “name” monster I have in soft vinyl is Barugon, the enormous magical salamander who fought Gamera the Flying Turtle in “War of the Monsters.”

Rob C
USA














6 comments:

  1. Paul Adams from New Zealand9/15/2026 1:17 pm

    That looks like a fun collection of Monsters. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection! Monsters right down my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cool, very sixties! You should do a series of paintings of them Rob, in the style you used for the transfer images. Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried a couple of “portraits” of these guys, but they are trickier than they look! SFZ

      Delete
  4. Those are cool!
    Need some small scale tanks to do battle with them like in a typical TOHO film 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a complete eduction this Rob. I've never heard of Pachimon. They're such a fun bunch of bootleg monsters. Well done collecting them. Thanks for bringing them out and showing us. Are they related to Patchisaurs? There's an article about those here on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete