▼

Monday, 28 September 2026

A Labour of Moguras

Woodsy,

Here are pix of all seven Mogura Drill Tank models from Japan that I’ve managed to collect over the years. Starting with The Mole, the Beast that started it all!

Rob C
USA

*

1/ Imai - The Mole


2/ Fujimi - Magma Riser (large)


3/ Bandai - Magma Riser (small)


4/ Midori - King Moguras


5/ Midori - Moguras Junior


6/ Otaki - Jet Drill Moon Tank


7/ Nitto - Jet Raizer

11 comments:

  1. Rob, They are all very impressive! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how different manufacturers interpreted The Mole in their own fashion. SFZ

      Delete
  2. Paul Adams from New Zealand9/28/2026 5:42 am

    These are all stunning. As are your paint jobs. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - as you can see, Japanese Space Tanks are my muse! SFZ

      Delete
  3. I see Doyusha are re-releasing the Midori King Moguras this October ! Got one ordered? https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/11409167

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is about the third reissue of King Moguras that I've seen so far! SFZ

      Delete
    2. The Academy brand, South Korean Mourgas version, came out first of this year. Many still listed on Ebay.

      Delete
    3. Academy supposedly also reissued the Midori Beetle II Solar Ship model, but I never saw one anywhere. SFZ

      Delete
  4. Just cool Moles all SF. Do you think the Thunderbirds mole was the first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe The Mole preceded them all, although there is some argument whether the Japanese Super-Sub Atragon, which came out ca 1964, was the inspiration for all of them! But I think all of the Japanese Drill Tank model kits were a direct result of Thunderbirds, personally. SFZ

      Delete
  5. That is a really cool collection! The design is so ‘60s and almost steampunk- ish.

    ReplyDelete