Hello Moonbasers!
I've posted pics of the vintage toys at Dirty Jane's emporium in Bowral NSW Oz before..
It's a little depressing to see the genuine antique stuff sold on and replaced with modern repro items.
Still, here are some genuine articles at "Tell 'em they're dreaming" prices!
Some Jet Set diecast civil aircraft.
Some nice Hong Kong carded coin purses and a lovely tinplate space capsule...
I'm down here again to celebrate the 90th birthday of my longest friend, Babette Hayes the Interior Designer. She was instrumental in getting my parents to emigrate from Blighty to Oz, as some of the last "Ten Pound Poms"!
My life would never be the same again, but it's been a fortunate one.
As a present, I made a sculptured portrait of the two of us on our ritual visits to the local modern art gallery.
The figures are painted Sculpey polyclay.
The second shot is with the pink LED "neon" lighting active!
Happy times!
Looey
Oz
The portrait is quite charming and a great example of your talents. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThat is an amazing sculpture. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI love the toy jets
ReplyDelete