Thursday, 6 August 2026

Emergency Squad: UFO Knockoff?

 I recall buying one of these in the late 80's for a friend's son. At the time I didn't see the connection with a UFO Shado2 to be honest.


That came around 1993 when I got Dennis Nicholson's guide to Anderson collectables. Dennis pointed out the similarity to the UFO vehicle.

Do you think it's a string similarity?



A complete one came with a small hollow vehicle, which this example of mine is missing.

Have you got an Emergency Squad?

6 comments:

  1. Its got almost identical profiles to a Shado Mobile Woodsy.
    The surface details, colour and wheels are different, but it's obviously copied from the Mike Trim design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I saw that later when I compared them side by side. I do like a good Anderson Knockoff. I bet theirs a few Shado2 clones out there.

      Delete
  2. Off the top of my head, is it pulled off the Italian Atlantic polythene military miniatures UFO style vehicle?
    ...Google no help at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moonbase has blogged about the Atlantic UFO, but I can't find pics.
    Something about the convex air intakes above, looks familiar...

    https://projectswordtoys.blogspot.com/2025/01/the-atlantic-star-base.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Looey. Like many things here, the E Squad has come up before and indeed linked to Atlantic by Wotan. https://projectswordtoys.blogspot.com/2024/10/shados-of-past.html?m=1

      Delete
    2. Yep - Ive got two of them, one of which I painted. Theres two variant colour schemes. I think the Atlantic series pre-dates them by a few years, The Emergency Squad vehicle appeared around the same time as the Multimac series and other similar toys in the late 80's. Its actually a very nicely made model and would benefit from a decent makeover into a Shado support vehicle. Bill

      Delete