Sunday, 30 August 2026

Ed's New AI Generated Logo For His Train Layout

Woodsy,

As the subject of AI has come up recently, I thought I'd show you one application I've used it for: the design of a logo for my train layout using Chat GPT. 

The layout was given the fictional name of "The Milwaukee North Western Railroad" a couple of years ago when I transitioned from running anything and everything, to running mainly Milwaukee Road trains (and any other railroad that ran through Wisconsin). 

The basis for the logo was a photo I took of my Lionel 4-4-2 Milwaukee Road Hiawatha #1. The Chat GPT prompt was simply: "create circular logo with the words 'Milwaukee North Western Railroad along the perimeter'. 

The result is shown here. I'm here to tell you, I have absolutely not enough talent to have done this on my own with paint, pens, markers, crayons, chalk, whatever!! 

The logo is now being used on my YouTube channel Ed "ICE" Berg - Trains and Toys.

From The Milwaukee North Western Railroad Offices
Ed

4 comments:

  1. Not a train guy at all, but that Lional 4-4-2 Milwaukee Road Hiawatha #1 is a truely beautiful thing.
    Superb !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul Adams from New Zealand8/30/2026 11:14 am

    That is a great looking logo, and a great looking engine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiawatha Forever! SFZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx All! Prior to Lionel re-releasing the Hiawatha #1 last year, I did have a bunch of other Hiawatha and some Hiawatha-ish (tinplate toy renditions) engines. I am so glad to have been able to acquire this gem and would love to get engine numbers 2, 3, & 4 but they'll just have to wait.

    ReplyDelete