Thursday, 13 August 2026

Ed's Diorama: Dark Side of the Moon

 Woodsy,

Here's a few shots I did the last day or so on the new diorama base.

 I went into The Cave and pulled the easiest spaceship I could reach (Masuya's Moon Rocket) and snapped a few pics (more than a few actually - these are just the ones I like best). 

The very first photo I call "NASA's secret dark side of the moon launch post Apollo 17".

 The last photo is more-or-less to show the surface texture, but it works well as a spaceship landing. 

The stars are all Photoshopped in vs. me inserting a star field photo from the internet.

Hope you Enjoy!

From Vegas Base

Ed




16 comments:

  1. Paul Adams from New Zealand8/13/2026 1:08 am

    These are great - that Lunar/Alien Planet base really looks good, and makes a wonderful back drop for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanx Paul! This base is a winner for sure!

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos Ed, especially the first one which has the air of lunar solitude under the vastness of space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Arto! When I look at that photo it gives off some spooky, lonely vibes!

      Delete
  3. lewis P morley8/13/2026 7:06 am

    That moon base is much bigger than I thought! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Lewis! What I had in mind before starting the project was something that would accommodate at least four Tri-ang Moon Base HQ complexes.

      Delete
  4. Ed - that looks great - beautifully executed! Looking forward to seeing a wide range of appropriate vehicles photographed there. Tony P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanx Tony! While made with smaller toys in mind, even some of my larger toys should work well with it.

      Delete
  5. Third shot down is a doozy Ed! Chesley Bonestell would be proud! Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanx Bill! Hi praise indeed, especially as Bonestall is one of my favorite space artists.

      Delete
  6. Terrific photos - they almost look like production stills from a 1960s-era Sci-Fi flick! SFZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanks! They were among my inspiration for the design.

      Delete
  7. Nice Space Age era evoking shots there Ed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Space Age with a wee bit of Cold War mystery thrown in for good measure.

      Delete
  8. Well done Ed. Let the moon fun begin!

    ReplyDelete