▼

Wednesday, 12 August 2026

E C L I P S E

Will you be watching the solar eclipse today?

Have you already seen it? 

I'll be trying the colander technique at tea time.

See you on the other side.

🌘

9 comments:

  1. it won't be visible this far west here in the States. I think you guys will be smack dab in the middle of it - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw the 1999 one from London (98%) and this one (91%).
    Quite an experience, but not the full thing.
    Maybe one day ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lewis P Morley8/12/2026 11:03 pm

    I missed that, but I was up early this morning to catch the sunrise.
    My old phone got smashed and I can't access the photos I took previously.
    Today's event was different, with a few streamers of cloud across the disc as it rose, but that was actually a bit more dramatic.
    I've now got new ideas about how to film it for my film...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Missus and me tried the colander technique. We got about fifty tiny partial eclipses reflected on a white sheet of paper.btje most striking thing was the gradual darkening of the surroundings. Quite eerie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watched a 93% eclipse using the same vinyl LP I used for the 1999 eclipse! The LP was pressed out of some kind of translucent material. The same colour as those sun viewing filters. Unfortunately I couldn't get a photo through it

    It was Sky 3 from the SKY boxed set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fab Bill, great idea that! Is it Sky as in the band?

      Delete
  6. Careful, take care when using a colander, you may strain your eyes

    ReplyDelete