Tuesday, 11 August 2026

Can you Keep a Secret?

 I recall seeing this before on MC, the Blue Box Secret Missile Base.

I found a loose set a few years back in Pontefract's old courthouse.

From the heyday of space plastic when trucks carried missiles through the streets! Did you ever see a real one like that? 

Anyone got the full Blue Box range? 

5 comments:

  1. I once saw a Bloodhound Missile being towed down the A1 in north London.

    I think it was going to Whitehall to be displayed for "Battle of Britain' Week.

    It looked like the Airfix kit of the time though it was a Bedford not a Land Rover pulling it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing Terran. Yes, I'm sure I've seen a rocket part being transported but I may be dreaming!

      Delete
  2. Ive got the three sets from the Blue Box series, all loose unfortunately, but I did get them at the time in the box. They are essentially mini versions of the Topper Cape Canaveral set. I also had that Moon Challenger rocket, that I found in a charity shop in Runcorn, along with a load of matt Mason toys! Its something you never see these days. Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Moon Challenger is fabulous, I e never seen one in the flesh. Have you still got it Bill?

      Delete
  3. I've got bits from the Rocket Base and a carded shuttle. I do have the Moon Challenger in box as well.

    ReplyDelete