This is bizarre!
These strange spheres have landed on Oz's beaches.
Australian Fire Department
Seeing the photo I immediately thought of the LP space dome balls as seen on my friend Paul Vreede's fabulous website! Could the objects be big LP's!
You can read the full BBC account of this Australian beachcomber space junk found in Queensland here:
Have you any space junk?
Ever come across anything that's been in space?


Only in science museums and at the Kennedy Space Centre in Florida Woodsy.
ReplyDeleteWow, KSC! I'd love to go there. When did you go Mish?
DeleteAbout 2012.
DeleteIt was quite a moving experience.
Met a cosmonaut once, I suppose that counts!
ReplyDeleteHa ha, yep! Who was it Kev?
DeleteVolkov, who'd commanded Mir at some point. He gave a talk at the school that I taught at.
DeleteHow cool. What happened to Mir? Is it still up there?
DeleteNo, it was deorbited (crashed!) in 2001. The year, not the film!
DeleteDeorbited! What a great word! Is that what happened to Skylab too? Sorry, I should just Google it but you usually know Kevin! 😂
DeleteYep, Skylab too. It was so big that chunks of it survived re-entry and hit Australia! Nobody seemed to mind though.
DeleteI suspect the Aussies weren't as relaxed about it as us Kev.
DeleteWhat say you Looey ?