OK, my new test shot SpaceX Photonic Propulsion Space Station is now on the display shelf [left] next to my first bash from 2009 [right], so I thought I'd have a another crack, which I'll call Mark III.
First up is the pilot's dome. Taking a SpaceX pilot I have spare, a half-moon of plastic and a pen grip, I've glued them all down onto a tiddlywink.
I've blathered them in the silver stuff and left the lot to dry.
Second up is the fuselage. The cockpit sits on top of this and the two booms stick out of it like legs from two holes on the sides. Its basically shaped like half a Kinder egg capsule. I'm using the top off a water bottle and begin by filling in all but the two holes I need along the sides.
I've then blathered it in the blue stuff and leave it to dry.
Next up are the booms. These are basically jumping beans at the end of knitting needles. I've opted for two lego rods and some old pen roller dome lids.
The rods are glued in position whilst I have a cuppa!
Since the boom ends are weighted I've filled the pen domes with metal screws and bolts before gluing them shut. I now have two heavy-headed plastic lollipops!
I've blathered them in the yellow stuff whilst I go for a biscuit.
Finally, I finish session one with what are for me the most tricky parts, the solar panels, which sit at each side of the lollipop heads. They look like small silver waffles. I did try to find small plastic waffles on Ebay as I thought Barbie might eat them but they were covered in plastic cream!
In the end I've gone for shaped pieces of plastic from a deodorant lid, which I intend to cover in silver gauze from an old shaver head. That's the plan and I'm not confident of good shave anymore!
Session 2 to follow soon once I've unglued my fingers!