After reading the Times' interesting article on the story of Thunderbirds I thought I'd carry on model making.
Setting off with high hopes of nearly finishing at least one space station, I might as well not have bothered! I was thwarted by gremlins at every turn! The major mess-up came when I decided that the red radar , at 5 tiers, was too tall.
So, diving in, I removed the top plastic tier. Having super-glued it in position earlier in the week it proved as stubborn as a T.Rex in a butchers shop. As it came off it took a small chunk off the next tier and loads of red paint came away! To make matters worse the cloth I used to clean off the loose paint covered the whole thing with fluff! I'm just hoping that several new coats of paint will cover it up!
The next cock-up was a wonky plug I'd glued to one station. That had to be detached, straightened and re-set. Leaving that to dry I attempted the radar plug on the roof of the pilot dome. A small red chess pawn stepped forward to do his duty. Hopefully its sacrifice was not in vain.
Having had enough messing up for one night I drank some Guinness and inspected my new fly swatter.